Children have a special relationship with crystals, or at least that's what I've noticed with my toddler. Shes always felt connected to various crystals, taking them and placing them in her secret places around the house...
What are the Best Crystals for Children?
Welcome to this new realm little ones and congratulations mama & papa on your new journey! Here are some of my favorite crystal companions for children from newborn until they are selecting their own.
- Amber: Amber isn't technically a crystal, its a resin. An ancient one. It acts as a pain reliever and has anti-inflammatory properties making it excellent for teething children.
- Green Calcite: A grounding, calming and comforting heart chakra stone. Beneficial to the heart, bones, joints & ligaments. It also helps balance emotions and relieve stress.
- Amethyst: Amethyst has the amazing ability to transform all negative energies into positive energy. Protects against nightmares, supports children dealing with transitions, bad news & sorrow. Its also helps with balancing the energy in the rooms it is in.
- Quartz: Amplifies the energy of other crystals, it can also be charged to represent a specific crystal energy and is wonderful for promoting clear thought.
- Blue Lace Agate: A calming stone, great for helping preserve peace and calming a child in a tantrum or one who is angry.
- Citrine: A lovely stone that brings joy, helps children to share, is grounding and energizing.
- Rose Quartz: A stone of unconditional love, it can help a child with realizing their self love and helps a child to feel and recognize being loved. Its also a stone that promotes peace and nurturing energy.
- Carnelian: Helps with low self esteem, self love, creativity and with skincare concerns such as acne for teenagers.
- Apache Tear: Supports children in times of sadness.
- Lapiz Lazuli: Stimulates expansion of consciousness and is a wonderful protection stone while supports children in accepting their gifts.
- Green Aventurine: A great stone to support leadership in children. Its also a supports emotional calm.
- Sunstone: Helps children who are shy be more outgoing and helps with feelings of being possessive or overprotective.
- Labradorite: A beautiful stone that in appearance alone will intrigue a child with its play on colors. Stimulating their creativity and imagination with its colors. Children are naturally very connected to the spirit realm. You may notice them mention shadows or spirits. This stone offers psychic and aura protection as well as supports intuition.
- Black Tourmaline: A stone for protection
- Shungite: A protection stone that also protects against EMF from things such as wifi. Helps clear the energetic fog in a space.
Different Ways to use Crystals in Childrens Rooms
You may choose to place stones such as Black Tourmaline, Shungite or other protection stones in the corners of the room. Either on the floor or high up if they are smaller so they aren't accessible. You can create a grid with the crystals, have crystal jewelry, or hang them from ceiling on string or in chimes. You can also add crystals to room sprays.
As a general rule of thumb I've always made sure that my daughters crystals were either too large for her to place in her mouth, high up if they were small or that her jewelry was childproof. Big chunks of crystals strategically placed in their bedroom, smaller crystals in high places, child proof jewelry or hanging and properly secured. As they get older and start climbing placing certain crystals even higher or hanging them may be a better option. Also teaching them not to put them in their mouth is important. Size is not the only thing to be concerned about though. You want to make sure that the crystal collections you have in home are also non toxic and if so you will want to keep them secured at all times. Crystals such as Selenite & Blue Kyanite will both dissolve and are not safe for ingestion.
SHOP the Crystals for Pregnancy, Birth & Children Collection
| **CHOKING HAZARD: Please ensure that the crystals that are accessible to your children are both safe and age appropriate in size or that they are high up and out of reach!